Sunday 16 November 2008

PLANNING THE NEXT ESCAPADE.

Another cool and misty morning. A shy rising sun burnishes the tree tops. In a breeze the last golden leaves slowly glide onto the lawn. The boys just came back from their morning run in the garden. Breakfast.
November is the worst month of the year. Although, up till recently, it was exceptionally mild, quite springy in fact, now it's becoming unbearable. The short days. Lack of light. So difficult to get out after dark - and it gets dark by 4PM! Little wonder that I contemplated an escape from all that. A trip to some exotic country with an endless beach... or a skiing holiday? And the snow won! We are going to Zakopane near Krakow for two weeks over the Christmas holiday. The boys are coming with me. My neighbours invited me to join them for their annual holiday there. Deciding factor was that the boys weren't happy in the kennels last time and I couldn't bring myself to leave them now. One problem remains though - do they need a long pair of skis or two short pairs each? Probably the ski board would be the answer! So watch this space for some unusual pictures!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Never mind the boys - what about you - can you ski?

mariSh said...

Of course! But it is 16 years since I had skis on my feet... Taking it very seriously I am in the gym every morning and my personal trainer puts me through my paces! The last weekend was a recovery time! Today - no pain! I am getting somewhere....