Sunday 7 September 2008

The remains of Summer...

The September's weather is baffling... feels just like Summer. By now, if we were lucky, we should have had a nice Indian Summer! That is - pleasant chilly mornings and evenings, misty sunrises, sunny days etc. We have tropical nights instead.- Today we shall have well over +30C. My dogs are spread wide on cool marble floors from the early morning. I consider joining them there. Well, I might just collapse on the lawn in a shade under the trees.-

Yesterday, despite the adverse weather conditions, I experimented in the kitchen. I cooked goose wings in a plum and honey souse. I used the very sour, little yellow plums. Heavenly! I shall cook it again on a certain boat hopping the Greek islands in not too distant future!

Tonight a friend from Australia arrives. I am thinking about a couple of little trips in Poland - maybe to the sea side (taking my boys with us, of course!) and to Zakopane, near Krakow. I might even travel with her to Bratislava as Doreen has some relatives there and wants to visit them.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

You are hired. You can be "Chief Goose Chef and translator". OK?

mariSh said...

Goody-goody!!!!! I am brushing up on my Greek and Turk... (two friendly restaurants' owners...) Will try to get on some language classes too.-

Amanda said...

Ha ha. Brushing up the Greek sounds fun.
I start my 'Creative Writing' classes tomorrow.

mariSh said...

You will pass me some hints, won't you?