Tuesday 19 August 2008

HARD TIMES ON CHOOKS.


Mari's place... my place... I hoped to be able to tell you about how the building of my place is progressing. Well, it's not.- The architect is fuffing around with the plans - not making them in promised time.
People here appear not to have any professional ethics nor sense of decency. This not only applies to the afore mentioned architect but also to the others involved in the design of the house.
I might just decide that I am perfectly happy in my present house. If only I could have my dream chooks here... and couple of dogs more... and a pony... couple of goats and A COUPLE OF CATS!
I could have the extra dogs and cats here I guess, but it would be hard to give up the dream of the rare chooks' breeds. The alternative is to look for a "ready made" house. But you would never be able to get exactly what you want and the thought about any alterations or improvements makes me shiver. All the good and honest workmen are washing up the dishes in pubs of London or Dublin...

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Poor thing. At least the Irish dishes are getting a good wash!

Have you tried looking for a ready-made dream house? Sometimes the dream starts to happen after you see something...and sometimes the dream in your head looks less ideal once its been put in front of you... (No, I haven't been to the pub, just feeling a tad philosophical today)
~ Love, Mandy

bob said...

How about bringing my tent? Could arrive about min-November. Start collecting the logs. If it gets too cold the goat will come in handy.

Buzi,

Bob.
xxx